NAKIVO, Inc. is an IT company providing continuous data protection software for VMware-based virtual servers.
NAKIVO Backup & Replication is a high-performance VM Backup and Replication solution that meets demanding performance and scalability requirements of dynamic virtualized environments without sacrificing simplicity and efficiency. Designed to address the challenges of VM backup and replication for data center and cloud environments, performance is equally adept at replicating VMs with live applications, groups of VMs supporting a cloud service, and transaction-intensive virtualized set of workloads. Fast VMware infrastructure discovery, backup and replication with advanced VM protection features, delivers one of the highest levels of performance, reliability, and ease of use available in the VM disaster recovery market today.
NAKIVO Backup & Replication focuses on the requirements of Small Business and supports low bandwidth or high packet loss WAN links that are often found between the small business and their backup co-location facility. Acting at the virtualization abstraction layer NAKIVO Backup & Replication is storage-agnostic. Software can be installed both on Windows and Linux machine and provides Web access for easier support for IT administrators and VMware system integrators.
NAKIVO Backup & Replication characteristics:
• Supports Live Windows based applications including Oracle, Exchange, Active Directory and MS SQL with Volume Shadow copy Service (VSS).
• Runs as a low resource consuming Windows process that can be separate from production ESX(i) hosts.
• Can be operated in less than five minutes since installation start.
• Reduces resource consumption and bandwidth by transferring only changed blocks with or without VMware CBT enabled.
• Retries automatically previously failed backup or replication jobs for higher reliability.
• Reduces downtime by reaching lower recovery time objectives (RTO) and closer recovery point objectives (RPO) as low as 5 minutes.
• Mitigates human errors through backup and replication automation and scheduling while eliminating the need for backup tapes.
• Provides options including VM sequencing and logic VM grouping by office location, application or business service.
• Enables fast recovery from virus attacks and accidentally deleted files, with more than 90 user definable recovery points.
• Delivers scalability with additional Nakivo VM Transporters.
• Provides encryption for more secure data transfers to remote recovery sites.